We have been trying to get Rowdy to wave bye-bye for months!! He would mimic everything else we tried to get him to do...clapping, hands above his head, giving kisses...but would just stare at us blankly while we were frantically flapping our hands in the air. Well, tonight folks, he WAVED!! I was getting ready to take him and put him to sleep for the night, but only after Lance showered him with his nightly hugs and kisses and then I scooped him up. Lance waved to him and said, "bye bye Rowdy, goodnight...sleep good!" He threw his little chubby hand into the air and as if having to think REALLY hard about it, scrunched his hand into a little fist and then thought about it a little more and then open, close, open, close!!!!!! Then only as parents who witness their child learn a new skill, we cheered, laughed, and made him do it over and over and over again for at least 5 minutes. =)
To top off this wonderful event. Tonight while nursing him to sleep, he was almost out, eyes closed, breathing relaxed, his little arm reached up in a bit uncontrolled sleepy fashion, and his sweet chubby hand waved goodnight. Hee hee. Oh I love my little one.
Thanks to Tutu, who worked tirelessly the last couple weeks, to get Rowdy to wave, I think she may have had a sore arm due to all the waving she was demonstrating. =)
awwww! yay rowdy!!
ReplyDeleteYeah Rowdy..I was loving the "heil Tutu" but a true wave is better...I loved my personal salute, but will take the real wave any day...Go Rowdy go! See you Monday sweet boy.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I can't wait to see it...post a video of him, pretty please?
ReplyDelete