Sunday, October 3, 2010

I've heard of Spring cleaning, but is there such thing as Fall cleaning?

So I missed my post yesterday! Ahhh...I knew this wouldn't be easy for me! =)



Yesterday our little sunshine was up and ready to roll at 7am. No room for mommy and daddy to sleep in on this beautiful Saturday morning. Coffee must be started in order to function. We are not morning people in our household! Since we were up we thought we would use the time to be productive and decided to tackle the dreaded mess of a garage that we have created. It has become our dumping ground for anything that we don't want in the house at any moment. Since we found ourselves with a whole Saturday and we could no longer navigate to our washer/dryer, we jumped right in. So Lance and I did a huge truck load to the dump and another huge load to Goodwill. It felt so good to just purge. On more than one occasion either Lance or I would say something like..."I know I haven't used it forever, BUT..." and the other would say "Just learn to let it go!" It was refreshing. This was a process in itself, but then throw in a 13 month old who needs to be roaming and MOVING at every moment he is awake. So Lance and I broke out the playpen and sat him in there with some toys, which lasted about 20 mins. Then we moved to the jumparoo and that lasted about 10 mins. Then I strapped him on my back. Its still not TOTALLY organized, but its a work in progress and we got a great start on it! I can now reach the washer/dryer...this weekends mission accomplished!

Today was our lazy day. We enjoyed staying in our jammies way too long, playing and reading books with a boy who is soaking up every moment and snuggling a little longer after naps. A great end to the weekend.

The beginning of this week will be a busy one. I work full days the next two days, and then Wednesday is Rowdy's big Urology appt that I am trying very hard to not be apprehensive about. It is nothing I can control and all in God's hands. We just pray for the best for Rowdy, whatever that may be!

Hope you all had a WONDERFUL first weekend of October!!

2 comments:

  1. Like I said in the post that disappeared....you've said it outloud, now you need to post every day! Cleaning is good for the soul...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree...the process of purging is very cleansing in an emotional and spiritual way in addition to the physical aspect of de-cluttering. Glad you made some headway.

    ReplyDelete