Friday, April 9, 2010

Ordinary Day

My day was ordinary...

but ordinary these days is extrodinary.

I didn't get everything on my to-do list done today. My bed is still unmade, my laundry is still in the basket, my dishes still in the washer, toys and books still scatter the floor. I am not going to remember the to-dos that didn't get done...I will remember doing everything I could to soak up my baby boy.

Noticing the way his hair swirls and how sweet he smells while nursing him first thing snuggled in our bed like we do every morning.

Laughing at his repetitive raspberry sounds he enjoys making while on his changing table.

The sleepy smiles and rosey cheeks that greet me when I peak into his crib after his nap.

His little chubby hand and how it loves to carass my face like he is trying to memorize the shape of my face.

A cough he has started to use to get my attention.

Seeing him grin from ear to ear and flap his arms as if he would actually take off at the sight of his daddy arriving home from work.

Hearing the belly laughs roll down the hallway from his room as his daddy sings songs and tickles.

Loving the fact that he can still sleep comfortably right on my chest.

How it only takes a minute or two of rocking before he completely melts into a peaceful sleep, just like that. No crying, no fussing...just simply drifts away.

Today there were extra kisses, extra hugs, we snuggled a little longer, played a little more...just soaking in the moments of being 7 month old Rowdy's mommy...and truly LOVING every single ordinary moment.

Yes...today was extrodinary.

2 comments:

  1. OK. You should've warned me I'd need a kleenex when reading this. What is so special to me is that I got to experience some of that goodness last week when I got my "Rowdy Time." A little moment in time that I will cherish.

    Love, Grandma CiCi

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, he is the sweetest dish in town these days! Love the Rowdy boy.

    ReplyDelete