
It is this....this wonderful blue sky that makes my heart {and skin *wink*} glow!! Whoooo hoooo...summer here we come! I am sure we will still see many rainy Spring days before we actually get there, but the taste of it was definitely welcomed.

Sunshine meant my favorite old reliable sandals were dug out from the back corner of my closet for their first appearance of the year. As my feet slipped into the mold of every dip and worn spot just perfectly, I wondered what adventures these sandals would take me on this year...last year they were comfortable relief for aching pregnant feet that didn't want to wear tennis shoes everyday. I have a feeling they will be relief this year for aching mommy-of-a-baby-possibly-on-the-move feet. Although, now that I broke out my fav sandals, I have noticed toes are in need of some pampering and a pretty Spring color...i think a pedicure is in my near future.

And here my bathing beauty sits. He was lathered up with sunscreen and ready to play outside. I was so excited to put him in this little romper because with the cold it seems a rare occaision to see his dimpled chuncky thighs...ohhh I love them so! As soon as I set him down he leaned forward to experience something new...he was VERY intrigued by the grass...his little pudgy hands wildly wiping back and forth, feeling it with his palms.

Here is the one picture I was able to capture of him actually not looking down! Sweet face! After this pic was snapped he was just so intently playing with his toys and it was so bright outside, he wouldn't look up for any silly mommy thing I tried. My neighbors probably thought I was nuts...dancing around, calling his name, singing, making crazy clicking noises and raspberries...you name it I tried it. Still no response.

So... mommy works with what I'm given...I'll just lay on the blanket and still sneak a peak under the hat. =)

Here is the no knee, chunky, dimples thigh I was talking about...and check out how cute and chubby that little foot is too! Oh and please notice how Rowdy's middle toe seems to be his shortest of them all, a little stubby stuck right in the middle. =)
Well, we sure enjoyed a leisurly afternoon of laying in the front yard on a blanket in the warm sunshine playing with toys and watching the puffy clouds float by. I am looking forward to many more days just like this. How blessed I am to be a mommy...how even more richly blessed I am to be Rowdy's mommy.
I hope the sun is on its way to my house!! I could use some! So fun to see Rowdy outside on the grass...new sights, sounds, and textures to explore. Happy too to see the chubby thighs :) and love feeling like I'm "there" watching him play!
ReplyDelete