Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Catching you up on the last couple weeks...

I hate when I go so long between posts!! I have sat down half a dozen times to write something up and have been distracted over and over again...frustrating. We seem to cram a lot of life in our days. Lance and I have always carried a heavy schedule...we have joked about our house being just a place to store our things because we always seemed to be out and about or out of town visiting friends/family. We are just so grateful that Rowdy is such an easy baby and just adjusts to our schedule!!


Rowdy is still perfecting the fake cry face...if I copy him, he breaks into a smile and giggles follow. He is too funny, already working his mommy and daddy.


He enjoys the block game. Lance and I stack them, and he swipes at them until they are all on the ground. Good fun! Lance and I play against him, we both stack the blocks as quickly as we can and see if we can get them all stacked before he can knock them down. I think we enjoy this game just as much as he does.

Gus and Leota, Lance's parents, came to stay with us for a few days for Rowdy's dedication. Rowdy always enjoys the attention of the grandparents.

Rowdy showing Nana how he takes a bath. This is one of his favorite times of the day. He is a fish, I don't think he would ever get out! He just splashes and splashes. Rowdy really enjoys when you take a cup of water and hold it high and pour it out in a slow steady stream of water. He loves to run his chubby little hands through it.

He wears this face most bathtimes!

By instruction from Vanessa, Rowdy's EI specialist, one of the exercises we have been helping Rowdy practice is his crawling position. He has been doing SO good...still only holding it for a few seconds and then flying onto his tummy. When he does this, it makes he seem SO big!

Daddy and baby

He really enjoys baby puffs...they are little crackers that dissolve quickly. They will keep his little hands busy, trying to work on feeing himself. A good majority end up in his mouth, what doesn't ends up on the floor and treats for our dog...she doesn't mind one bit!



My little snuggle boy! Pure sweetness.


Rowdy hanging in the Jump Jump. He is getting the hang of this, and also loves it when I swing him gently forwards and backwards, he lets our a littl squak of excitement.

I have been making a point to take more photos of Lance and Rowdy together. I was realizing that I don't have many. Probably because Lance doesn't REALLY care to take part in the photo shoots. He always jokes I am going to blind Rowdy with all the flashe...I always tell him my mom took TONS of photos of us as kids and my eyes turned out fine {well...I do have to wear glasses} =)
We have been blessed by friends and family who have gifted us SOOOOO many clothes!! Thanks Deb for these SUPER cute giraffe pjs...they were her son's, and I think of her everytime he wears these.

Rowdy and I have been able to support Lance at his softball games. It has been more fun now that the weather is starting to get nicer...his games are in the evening and at the fields down by the river, so it tends to cool off VERY quickly. We came prepared with blankets, sweater, coat, and hat

My two blue-eyed boys

Could his smile get any bigger???

Our little linebacker...Daddy already bought Rowdy his first official football.


Okay, mommy was being silly and made a yucky prune mustache...I sent this to my mom and she said, "Did you feed him chocolate?!?!" It does kinda look like chocolate, but no, just prunes. =)

One of Rowdy's new skills is helping turn the pages of the book while you read it. This "B is for Bear" touch and feel book is his FAVORITE. It has a page for every letter of the alphabet. When we get to the "R is for Robot" page he will turn it and then ALWAYS turn it back for a second look at the robot. He doesn't do this at any other page. Something special about
that Robot.


We traveled to visit my parents and Lance's brother and his family for Mother's Day weekend, AND also to celebrate my Nephew's 4th birthday, AND to welcome his little sister, my first niece, who arrived on the 30th. It was a wonderful celebration weekend. We started off the birthday party by heading to the park. Lance had picked up some foam "pirate" swords, which were quite the hit. The imaginations were flowing, as they pretended that the jungle gym was their pirate ship and they were battling the bad guys.

Rowdy LOVES when Daddy makes him fly high in the sky!!!

Just hanging with Daddy


My sweet nephew. He takes SUCH good care of Rowdy. Such a kind, loving heart.

WHOOO HOOO....baby girl...my niece is SOOOOO cute! Just a little peanut. I may have started to get a little baby fever again...I know, I know, my baby is only 8 months old, he is still a baby, but ohhh little newborn squirms, sighs, and sqeaks! Seriously, I was born to do this!=)



Sisters and their babies...I love you SISTER!


Lance was waiting patiently for his turn to hold our niece...he said, "I don't want to push it." But really what guys really come rushing into a room begging to hold the newborn first...yeah, that behavior is reserved for ME!! =) He melted when he held her, and held her with the confidence of an experienced daddy.

Rowdy's gift to his cousin, a spiderman skateboard.

Rowdy LOVES his Gpa GoGo...I love this pic, and I have one of my dad and I that is VERY similar.

Taking a bath in Gma CiCi and Gpa GoGo's prep sink. It was the perfect size just for Rowdy boy. I think he just about splashed all the water out of the sink and onto the floor...proof of serious fun.

Rowdy and my Daddy.

A family picture on the deck at the lake...ahhhh, there is NO place like home for me. Being in such a beautiful place, hanging out on the water, Daddy cooking DELICIOUS food, mommy taking care of us, sleeping in a bed that always seems more comfortable than mine... I love this place and I hope that Rowdy's grows to love it just as much as I do. We had a fantastic trip that always seems to go by too quickly. We look forward to 4th of July weekend!
We just had our 6 mo IFSP review for Rowdy yesterday. The old IFSP was written when he was 9 weeks old... so those goals have been met. He isn't leaking when he is breatfeeding like he used to in the beginning...he is not only cooing, but even more so babbling. We set some new goals for Rowdy in the gross motor skills dept. We would like to see him getting from a sitting position to a crawl position, and we would like to see him "army crawling" in the next 6 months. Vanessa mentioned that if Rowdy still hasn't mastered getting from sitting down to crawling position by catching himself with his arms then we will schedule a one-time meeting with a PT to brainstorm more ideas for him. We also had our caseworker from Developmental Disabilities from the County Health Dept attend this meeting. Her main job is a refer resources our direction. Anything like playdates, parenting classes to discounts to the zoo and children's museums. We are so blessed in this day and age to be supported by so many people on all sides...helping us bump along this journey.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update--you know how long I was waiting for a new post! But yeah, you've been very busy with work, too, on top of all the travel and company. Dad will love the pix of him and Rowdy--it's been all Grandma CiCi and Rowdy lately! We loved seeing you and can't wait until the next visit. In the meantime, kiss that sweet baby for us!

    ReplyDelete