Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rowdy celebrated his 9 month birthday this week!

I am constantly blow away by my little man. He seems to be changing right before my eyes. Lance and I swear he wakes up everyday with a new bags of tricks! He is still my happy happy boy. I am told everyday that I am totally spoiled, that he is so full of joy.

As I rocked him to sleep tonight, I held him a little longer than normal, just studying every detail of his face. I thanked the Lord for creating every one of those details for me. He is the baby I have dreamed about for as long as I can remember...my dream was to be a mommy. Here I am... Rowdy's mommy. I love our nighttime snuggles as he falls asleep. I realize these moments are fast a fleeting as I try to embrace every moment, every emotion felt.

In this moment of watching my busy baby drift off into a peaceful state I couldn't help but think about the many surprises and unknowns we have dealt with in the last 9 months. Sure, it has had some hard moments, and I'm sure there will be more down the road. But, I can't imagine my life without this little boistrous boy, with a smile that melts your heart and a laugh that is so addicting it has the mamma doing the craziest things just to hear it one...more...time. Rowdy brings with him a sincereity and pure love that draws people in and holds them so close. Even strangers are drawn to oogle over him, and he, of course, enjoys playing right along.

Our 9 mo old is quite busy these days. Here are some updates:

* Has started to wake up once during the night/early morning again...but is still sleeping until like 8 or 9...parents appreciate this, seeing we aren't morning people.
* Can now pull himself up to a stand in his crib...just this morning! Followed by the most excited giggle ever...he was quite pleased with himself...as was I!
* LOVES to play Peek-a-boo from inside his crib...he will lay on his tummy and pull down the bumper and peer thru the slots to find you. Then lets the bumper go to hide his face. Repeat. Over and over again.
* Eating like a champ! Still breastfeeding 3-4 times a day, but mostly eating a little of whatever Lance and I are eating...I have been making GREAT use out of the babyfood maker my aunt Debra passed on to me. Loving these days: cereal, peas, greenbeans, chicken, turkey, sweet potato, mashed potatoes, applesauce, watermelon, cantelope, chedder cheese, cottage cheese, pears, bananas, crackers, and teething biscuits. He is getting more accurate feeding himself too.
* Practicing standing and playing at the couch.
* Getting out of a sit down to the side onto his tummy.
* Working on our crawl position, when I set him in it he will stay for 15-20 secs before flopping on his tummy.
* Doing what we've dubbed "The humpty" pushing up high on his hands while on tummy with his toes firmly dug into the ground and lifts his hips up and down...its so funny!
* Rolling like a mad man...can't barely turn my head anymore without him being in a different corner of the room just like that!
*Definitely recognizes the signs for "milk" and "more." Not quite to the point where he is signing back, but shows he knows what you mean by smiling and flapping his arms up down.
* Lance always gets him when he wakes up in the morning...we woke up earlier this week, hearing thru the monitor, "DADADADADADADADA." Lance was SO excited.
* Still no teeth!! We know they are in there somewhere, but really since I'm still breastfeeding this doesn't bother me one bit!
* He is weighing in at 19 lbs 6 oz.
* Still LOVING bathtime...and has truly perfected the splashing. Now those little hands come a flying down with some serious force. He powers right thru even with water covering his face.

Rowdy is amazing us everyday and Lance and I feel SOOOOOOO blessed that this little guy has dropped into our lives and forever changed us. Here's to 9 beautiful months of parenthood...WE LOVE YOU ROWDY BOY!!! MUH....XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Happy 9-month birthday, Rowdy Boy! You definitely ARE your mama's pride and joy and we can't imagine life without you either. You add dimensions we never knew existed and like Elton John says, "How wonderful life is while you're in the world." We love you immensely.

    ReplyDelete