Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our baby turns 1!

A whole year ago, this little bundle changed our lives FOREVER. I feel SO blessed to

be his mommy...he has changed how I see the world. He has changed me and made me a better person for knowing him. Ahh...I love this little guy!


Looking back a year ago and remembering our first NICU days, all the unexpected turns. It was such an emotional time. It feels like a dream that didn't really happen. We were so blessed that although he did require surgery, he was a champ and healed so quickly and was such a strong boy.

How is it possible I don't even remember him being this tiny!? Ohh I was to snuggle with my little newborn again!


Daddy and I were in love with you from the moment we heard your sweet little cry. Thank you for coming into our lives, and growing into the boy we know and love.....



ROWDY!!






On August 26, we celebrated Rowdy's first year of life! Lance and I can't believe that 1 year has already passed, it has flown. What a great year it has been. The weekend before his birthday we celebrated Rowdy with our friends and family with a cowboy party.




My little buck a roo helping me to open gifts.


Its his party and he can cry if he wants to. This someone did decide to take a nap right in the middle of his party!


Like Father.....


like son.



Rowdy loved the tissue paper!


Rowdy was such a great help opening and reading every card.







Rowdy even enjoyed his cake thouroughly. I purposely got chocolate cake with chocolate filling, with chocolate frosting...for the pictures of course. And boy did we get some good ones!





Enjoying some snuggles from his Grandma Cici.
Rowdy is telling everyone he is one! Okay maybe he is picking his nose, or scratching or something...but don't all parents this their kid's a genius?



Rowdys friends and family all dressed up as cowboys!


Sweet little cowboy


Hold your fire...Rowdy is 1!







Overall the party was so fun! We had great food and drink, due to Lance running the BBQ and cooking up dogs, burgers, chicken, and ribs!! Had wonderful company having our closest friends and family join us. And had a wonderful time hanging out in the backyard listening to country tunes, watching our kids run around and play. What a perfect way to celebrate all that is Rowdy!!


Thank you to Tutu for taking over 600 photos to document this special day! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Rowdy!!! You are the cutest little cowboy I've ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In some ways it seems like this past year has flown by in a few seconds, but in other ways, it feels like Rowdy has been a part of our lives forever! I can't really remember how life was before he came along. We are so blessed to be a part of his life and we look forward to his second year and all the joy he will bring. Grandma CiCi loves her Rowdy boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY 1ST BIRTHDAY ROWDY!! WHAT A GREAT PARTY THEME AND WHAT A CUTE LIL' COWBOY!

    ReplyDelete