Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grandma Cici's Visit and Our very first Buddy Walk

This weekend has been a great one that has flown by way too fast! Grandma Cici came into town Friday, and life is always SOOO much brighter when she is around. I appreciate her so much and wish she lived closer. Half the time I feel like a worthless wife that barely keeps the house running while I'm being on mommy duty to a one-year old who is into EVERYTHING!! Cici is another mommy in the house for the time she is here...cooking, cleaning, laundry, helping with Rowdy. Not because she has too or is even asked...but just because that is her way of showing our family how much she loves us. She is my best friend and I enjoy every cup of coffee shared and every catch up conversation. I LOVE YOU!! Thank you for loving Rowdy unconditionally and thinking he hung the moon.

Yesterday we participated in the local Buddy Walk at our riverfront park. We gathered up friends pushing strollers overflowing with littles, with cameras snapping to capture this special event, all dressed in cowboy gear for "TEAM ROWDY." I am again so grateful for the support system Lance and I have around us on a daily basis. We are very blessed and never forget it. We met at Starbucks to get our cup of joe and something to snack on. I loved that we were quite the show with all the strollers, kids/babies, and all dressed up! =) A good way to bring awareness to a special event dear to all our hearts. It was so fun to see all the kids running around enjoying themselves. We watched a program with some speaking and dancing then it was time for us to all line up under the balloon arch to begin the walk! God even blessed us here in Oregon with an 80 degree SUNNY SUNNY fall day! It was perfect. It warmed me to the core that everywhere i looked there were faces of parents with more understanding, acceptance, patience, and pure kindness towards the world. We all share a common ground. While sitting in the grass ampitheatre watching the crowd, I was reminded, as I am everyday being Rowdy's mommy, that Down syndrome is such a small part of who these babes are. They are just kids, giggly, loving, tantrum throwing, balloon loving, playful, observant, rockstars!!! I am so proud to be the mommy of my boy and all that he is going to stand for in this world. Rowdy you are my rockstar, and I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I don't deserve even half of those accolades, but I'm honored and humbled by your kind words...I'm back home now and the trip was WAY TOO short! I too wish we lived closer than 6 hours away, but it does make our times together very special. I'd do anything for that little guy--and his parents too! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete