Sunday, July 11, 2010

Father's Day weekend

Father's Day weekend we traveled up to Renton, WA to cousin Kym's house for a celebration for my new neice!! I am a baby hog, but who can help it when she is SOO darn cute!
Our sweet boy was watching all the kids eat cupcakes and wondering why he didn't get to eat one. So I let him have a little...figuring I am working up to his first birthday. I find it funny that we tend to say "Absolutly no sugar for my baby" and then on their first birthday we set an entire cake in front of them and encourage them to "Dig in!" So I am just prepping him little by little. He sure doesn't mind, he loved it!

My little buck-a-roo is TOO cute! Check out those guns!


Here is a photo of all the cousins together! It was so fun to spend time with all of them, Rowdy was in heaven with so many kids to play with.



We finished the weekend of celebrating my neice, with a Father's Day celebration at the Mariners game! My sister-in-law, cousin, and I all enjoy a nice frosty beer with the babies. (Kym has a sweatshirt under her shirt to keep it dry.) It was FREEZING!! At one point MaryO looked over at me and said, "I can see your breath!" We were calling it "Junuary" a coined phrase from my brother-in-law, Adam. It was cold and wet, but so fun!




The boys enjoying their Father's Day with their boys! LOVE IT!






Daddy and Rowdy on Lance's First Father's Day and at Rowdy's first baseball game!

A family pick to remember the day.

On our way home we stopped for dinner at Lance's parents house.

The boys made a bonfire and cooked "coal steaks" where you burn the fire down to coals and then cook steaks directly on them. My brother-in-law, Adam, a true outdoorsman taught us this wonderful way to bbq.

Rowdy enjoying Gpa Gus's cows....MOOOOOO
It was a wonderful weekend with family, and celebrating the newest member of our family as well as all the special daddy's that have made our family possible. Happy Father's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. What a special Father's Day weekend. Looks like you had a great time. Rowdy is going to have so much fun growing up with all his cousins--and two new ones in August, too (including cousin Teak)!

    ReplyDelete