Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our summer so far

So, I have been dreaming of a beautiful camera, one that's heavy in my hands, that fully allows my creative eye to capture the world around me. I had been eyeing one for awhile...so i asked Lance if I could TOTALLY splurge, for it is an investment into our child's everyday life, and buy the camera of my dreams. He said yes...man he must love me! There is rarely a day that I don't pick up my camera and go happily snapping away! I am in heaven and loving it.
We have been on the road many weekends since summer started, that tends to be our habit...we like to visit friends and family and with them all spread out, we are on the road. We have been blessed to have a child who is AMAZING in the car. He sleeps, eats, sleeps, reads books, watches a "Signing Time"-pretty much just rocks on the road trips.
I am never allowed to drive on this trips, or ever for that matter. Lance says I give him anxiety attacks, I am a GREAT driver, he just likes to be in charge, and to be honest i hate driving on those long trips anyways, so I am grateful to be the navigator in the passenger seat.
My memories of my childhood spending days at the softball field watching my daddy play, are all flooding back. It is so fun to have Rowdy out at the field, we both LOVE being outside. My days of really watching the game or over the this season of life. I have a busy busy boy who will only be contained for short amounts of time to eat in his stroller. When he's free, he is wandering, climbing, digging. Normal boy stuff of course.

Lance enjoys the support of his family and we love to watch him nail homeruns...he is a STUD!!!

We have had visits from Grandpa Gus and Nana 
Thank goodness the weather has been finally getting nice here! This boy LOVES to be outside, it keeps him from destroying the inside of my house which i appreciate and I enjoy watching him get so much joy from being outdoors.



We have made a trip up to Idaho to see my family already and look forward to another trip here at the end of the month. There is no place like home. Grandma Cici can't get enough of this sweet boy. I can't blame her!
Rowdy enjoyed the first boat ride he can remember! He loved being on the water.
"Hi guys! I'm on the boat!"
He loved the water SO much that he actually was trying to climb out of the boat! Daredevil. Good thing Daddy wouldn't let him fall in.
We enjoyed our "put put" cruise around the lake with our wine and snacks...a beautiful day on the water!
oh our happy dog, i love this shot, she loves the boat too!
The rocking of the boat, rocked out little guy right to sleep!
I just love this smile, he is full of pure joy and his body smiles! 

Grandma couldn't let us go home knowing he didn't have a little pail shovel set to play in the dirt with, so Grandma Cici sent him home with a special set.



The relationship they are growing is beautiful. Rowdy's best friend.

4 comments:

  1. These are great photos! Especially love the last one where Rowdy is leaning in for a kiss. Can't wait to see you back up here in a few weeks...Summer finally came and the weather is HOT and the lake is warm enough to swim in FINALLY. Cute shots at the baseball fields, too.

    Can't wait to take Rowdy to the park to dig in the sand and swing on the swings!

    Give him a big kiss from his Gma Cici.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see your new camera going to the blog...been a long dry spell! Nice shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika ~ Wonderful pics! You have a great eye! Rowdy is a beautiful, little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just about one of the cutest kids I have ever seen! You are one blessed mama!

    xo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete