Saturday, February 27, 2010

We have hit the 6 month mark!


Rowdy in his Jumparoo. One of his favorite things to do...bounce, bounce, bounce.
Gosh...has it really already been 6 months?! Oh my word, times just flies...you know, people always warn you life flies by, then have kids and it flies even faster...you tend to say, "ya ya ya" and then it happens, just as they said it would. As I sit here suggled in my bed with Rowdy peacefully sleeping next to me, I can't help but think about how blessed I truly am. I am a mother. Six months ago, my life changed forever. I became a better version of myself. Yes, our start was a little rocky with many unexpected trials, but he was worth every minute. Rowdy was not entirely what we expected, but OH SO much more than we could have EVER dreamed.


Daddy and Son looking sharp.

Just hanging with my Daddy

Rowdy is just doing AMAZING! He is at the perfect Gerber Baby stage...chunky and chuckles A LOT. He is now weighing in at 17lbs 12 oz and is 26 inches long. He's a growing boy! We have changed over from Rice cereal to Oatmeal cereal. We have also added to the list of things, avacado, sweet potatoes, banana and chicken. Which let me tell you how DISGUSTING the chicken baby food is....UCKY UCKY UCKY! The texture...the smell....*shivers* The health nurse said that new info is out on feeding schedules and right after the grains you should go right into protein to get the iron fortified food first. Then start veggies and fruit. Well, I have decided to feed him sweet potatoes mixed with Chicken...then it isn't so bad. With all this new food, we have opened ourselves to the world of stinky poos!!!!! Seriously, even Lance has never knocked me over like a few of Rowdy's diapers have...haha. Oh the adventures of parenthood. =)

I think Rowdy has officially started teething. Nothing has popped thru yet, but he is exceptionally mouthy and chewing on everything and anything. He is enjoying his vibrating teether as well as many icecubes these days. We will be on the lookout for some teeth...but who knows...I didn't get my first tooth until close to 10 months!

This friendship has only just begun...

We are officially not a bald baby anymore...still not much hair, but there IS some!!





Bathtime has been so much fun lately! Rowdy is a little fish. He loves to splash around almost to the point of thrashing around.


We bought him his first highchair...thank you Grandma Calendar! He looks like such a big boy. He has been enjoying being up with me when I'm making dinner getting to watch my every move.





He has found his toes...he likes this foot the most.


What a wonderful 6 months we have had!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Half Birthday, Rowdy! I know the next 6 months will fly by even faster...stay little a little bit longer, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowdy, Rowdy, Rowdy, what a joy you have been. The last 6 months have given us someone else to love and laugh with...we are SO glad you came into our lives! I'm ready to start planning a 1 year birthday...real ponies? Is that what you told me??

    ReplyDelete