Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July Heat Wave

Man, we have been experiencing some pretty crazy weather this week! It has been 107 degrees the last two days, surrounded by high 90 days. We don't have air conditioning, so we have just been doing the strategic game of closing the house down, blinds and all during the day and then opening the windows up with fans at night. So far, it hasn't been too bad. I am just drinking TONS of water and trying to limit my salt as much as possible to prevent myself from swelling up to badly. I just close my eyes and imagine that I am in Mexico, and all is good. =) I love Mexico! I have been lucky to still feel fantastic...still being able to sleep comfortably at night too.

Lance and I have started taking child preparation classes at the hospital. They have been so much fun! I think it has been especially good for Lance who hasn't read thru every childbirth/baby care book unlike myself. =) I told him we are going to have to outfit a helmet for him for when he passes out and hits the floor. He does have a scared/shocked look on his face throughout most of the class. We both can't believe that it is only 6 weeks away from Rowdy's due date! It has really snuck up on us. Last night, after our class, we were able to take a tour of the Family Birthing Center. It made it all the more real to see the rooms we would be staying in and all the different options for the actual birthing event. Every room even has a private jaccuzi tub with the massage jets and all!! We just can't even believe that we are going to be checked into the hospital and leaving with a sweet sweet little boy!!

Lance almost has Rowdy's room fully painted. We are hoping to finish the entire thing this weekend. I was also wisely instructed to pack his diaper bag and my hospital bag and just set them aside with his carseat, just in case! At least if I have it all ready there won't be any racing around and forgeting things.

We just had an appt today, the last quick pee in a cup and check his heartbeat appt. I go in in 10 days, Aug. 10th, for an ultrasound to check his position, his weight, my amniotic fluid volume, and also to take a look at my fibroid to see what's been going on with that. We should know at that appt, whether or not i'll have to schedule a c-section. Then after that appt, I go back every week for internal checks until he is born!! I just can't believe it is right around the corner. We are going to be parents. YEA! Lance and been saying a quote from Armaggedon the movie, "I'm 90% excited, 10 % scared...or maybe its the other way around, 90% scared 10% excited...but either way...What a rush!" hee hee

Well, we will keep you updated!! Our little boy will be here before we know it! =)

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until you see that little guy--your heart will melt and you'll experience a love you never knew you had! We can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete