This is his favorite cupboard in the kitchen, which he most recently discovered he likes to sit INside the cupboard. Its like his little mini mancave. I have weighed the cost to having my kitchen floor soon covered in my tupperware, but the 10-15 minutes he is occupied so I can start dinner or do dishes is WORTH it!
Rowdy went to his yearly eye checkup the end of December and it went great! He does have an astigmatism that they are monitoring. The eye doctor did say that if it doesn't improve by next December, Rowdy would get his first pair of glasses=). She said starting early allows his eyes to adjust and mature properly. Sooner the better. SO, just to feel it out, Rowdy wore mama's glasses. He wasn't a huge fan. Got one picture between them being ripped off and throw behind him. Anyone know where we could browse some cute toddler glasses?? Wonder if Marc Jacobs makes glasses for littles too?!
My big boy is just that...growing up to be a big boy. He still enjoys eating, and will still eat most things. I am convinced that if you put anything into a sandwich for him to take bites off of, he is in. Favorites include...bananas, oatmeal, applesauce, greenbeans, kidney/black beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, yams, graham crackers, rice cakes, cherrios and anything that mama and dada are eating.
Look who's WALKING!!!!!! I think I can stop counting steps after 12 steps in a row...I think he is now just a walker. He is still crawling most places, but is gaining more and more confidence everyday. Now without our encouraging he will leave the couch and walk over to toys. It is so cute to see him upright! He also, really loves to hold on to one hand and have you walk him around the house.
I am trying not to have my feelings hurt, but my baby, who has been attached to me since he came into this world, is now a totally daddy's boy. If daddy is anywhere around mama now comes second. I guess its Lance's turn, and Rowdy's daddy drives me wild, its no wonder why he finds him SO intoxicating! Daddy is the "DisneyLance." He plays tackle, swords, and builds the COOLEST forts out of every cushion & blanket in the house. Rowdy adores him!! Rowdy saves his best for his favorites..."Dada" is still his only word, and has now learned how to sign it too!
As soon as I start the bathwater, Rowdy perks up and makes his way down the hall towards the bath. He is a little fish. He loves to stick these foam bath toys all over the tub. When its time to get out, we say "Bye bye water" and he reaches to unplug the tub. What a fun age, when they understand English!! I think we might look into swim lessons at one of the indoor pools in the area. It would be a nice activity since we will see gray and rain for many more months.
This is the routine, how we start every morning. Jammies. Cheerios. Milk. Baby Signing Time.
For the meantime Rowdy is great at sharing! Want some??
In the last month, Rowdy's toupee has grown! Look at all that hair on top! It cracks me up that its like 3 inches long in a strip right down the middle and scarce everywhere else...oh well, at least its a start.
My little chubs.
Rowdy, You are getting SO BIG! I can't believe I just saw you over Christmas and you are more grown up than ever! I can't wait to see you in just a few days--Gma Cici and Rowdy are going to have some good times!! I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteyeah, a blog post...love that little Billy Goat!
ReplyDeletej's been crossing his eyes a lot lately...I see glasses in our near future, too. I've been wondering about cute glasses, too.
ReplyDeleteRowdy is soooo cuuuuttteee!!! In the 8th picture down he looks like j. :p
And tell him awesome job walking!! AND climbing!