Tuesday, December 1, 2009

First Thanksgiving...we have MUCH to be thankful for...especially our little boy!

What happens at Grandma's, stays at Grandma's!! We traveled to Coeur d'Alene, ID to my parents place for the holiday. We had a great time and, of course, like all good things, it just flew by. Rowdy's first Thanksgiving was spent going to new places and meeting new people. I was hoping that we would get a little snow, but no snow, just VERY cold. Lance and I arrived on Wednesday with Grandma and Grandpa anxiously awaiting Rowdy's arrival (who are we kidding, since the grandson has arrived, we are just the escorts...hee hee.)


Grandma had a gift for Mr. Rowdy, a BUMBO seat! He loves it, and my oh my he looks like SUCH a big boy in it! It allows him to sit, well supported, and strengthen his neck muscles. He can show just how great he is doing with his head control. This is now a great tool in our household.


Ah, yes....Daddy's cooking. One of my favorite parts of being home, is my dad's cooking. He did such an amazing job at spoiling us with our Thanksgiving dinner...so yummy!

Meeting uncle Luke for the first time.


Meeting Nana Sharon.


Rowdy has been smiling non-stop lately! I know I am partial but I think his smile is the sweetest I have ever laid my eyes on...he makes me light up everytime!


The Hawkins family...I babysat all these kids when they were wee ones when I was in high school. I feel old! Look how big they are now!




While in CdA my mom held a shower in honor of Rowdy so that everyone could meet him. They of course were so excited to see him. This is a picture of him with GiGi Sue and Brent Baldwin, my parents friends. Does he look like a 6 month old or what! Chunky monkey is his name half the time!=)

Rowdy with Melissa Hawkins at the shower. This is how he looks a majority of the time, with his hands held together in front of him. Lance and I just joke that he is our little prayer warrior, always looking like he is praying.


Uncle Jesse and Katie Stolebarger loving on my little boy. I think Jesse may be ready for another little one!


Rowdy snoozing with Grandpa. He is such a cuddle bug...this I think is my favorite time of the day. Nothing better than a peaceful baby.

Rowdy has his first experience at the day after Thanksgiving parade and firework show in downtown CdA. By far, one of my favorite holiday events. You know its a small town parade when included are people driving their own offroad rigs or dump trucks wrapped in christmas lights. So fun though, we all get candles and have a lighting moment and sing Silent night as a town and then watch a firework show. At the end of the grande finale we do a count down and then they turn on all the christmas lights throughout the whole downtown and resort all at once. Again, one of my favorite holiday events.


My snuggly bug


Lance and Rowdy's cousin Scarlet


Hanging out with Grandpa at the Holiday parade


Little man snuggled in the Baby Bjorn. He apparently loved it, he fell asleep pretty quickly.


My mom bought Rowdy and BUMBO seat. I was convinced he was still too young for it, but we tried it out and sure enough it totally worked! Rowdy had a spot at the Thanksgiving table sitting in his own chair. He looks like such a big boy sitting all by himself!


Lance and Rowdy shooting the turkey.


Winter ready!



Overall we had a GREAT Thanksgiving in CdA with my parents. It of course flew by too fast. Our little boy enjoyed his first Thanksgiving. I just can't believe he is 3 months already. People always warn you that when you have kids your life enters a fast forward mode and I don't think you truly appreciate those words until it actually happens to you! This year being pregnant and having Rowdy has been amazing but passed so quickly. We are in love with our little boy and are so excited to continue to introduce him to experiences and traditions that mean so much to Lance and me. I have MUCH to be thankful for this year...I have a wonderful man I am SO in love with who gave me my sweet as pie baby boy. God is good!!

1 comment:

  1. This was the best Thanksgiving ever! Thanks for making the drive up here!

    ReplyDelete