After a 16 day stay in the NICU we were taking our sweet baby boy home. Came to the NICU first thing in the morning and they were preparing Rowdy for discharge. Lance and I were shocked that we would be heading home FINALLY with our son. It almost seemed too good to be true. We spent half of the day doing discharge paperwork and procedures. By about 3pm, we were walking out the front doors of the hospital we entered over two weeks ago.
Lance and I had both cars up in Portland. While Lance headed to the apartment we were staying at to pack up our bags, Rowdy and I started the hour trek home. I was bummed that I couldn't sit in the back seat with him to make sure he was breathing...a silly mommy thing, but I was nervous that he was now on my watch, no nurses or doctors to turn to. I thought about stopping at about half way home to check and make sure he was still breathing but chose against it, not wanting to be "that crazy mommy." The ride home was quick and uneventful , Lance was only about 5 mins behind us.
Rowdy and I pulled into our driveway...ahh...how good it was to be home. It seemed like another life that we actually lived in this house. My best friend Lucy was at our house waiting for us. She had been so sweet and went grocery shopping and filled our fridge with loads of food, one less thing we would have to worry about...what a wonderful friend. Lance arrived right behind us.
Finally here we were as a family in our home.
Wow, our journey as parents, we know, has just begun, but we sure did fit in quite a bit of madness in our first two weeks. We are so glad to be home in two weeks, the earliest the doctors predicted. Rowdy is such a stud! We are ready to get into normal life mode.
GOD IS GOOD, GOD IS GREAT!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment