Friday, August 14, 2009

UPDATE--36 week Dr. Appt

Well, we have now reached the point in time in this process that we are now seeing the doctor every week! Can you believe how fast time has flown? I'm sure that the next few weeks are going to slip right by!

We had our appt on Thurs morning. I was instructed to do the normal pee in a cup and get weighed and my blood pressure taken. Then we went in for the ultrasound. We were so excited to see our little boy one more time before we see him in the flesh. The showed us his head, his spine, and his heart. They estimated that he is currently 6.17 lbs, which the doctor said was on the bigger end of the scale for his age ( I just joked with Lance that it was Rowdy's "Gustafson booty" that made him weigh so much...hee hee.) We tried to get a good shot of his face but he had both hands clenched in little fists snuggled in his face. =) It was so cute!

We confirmed what I figured, that he is completely in a transverse position. Which means that he is laying in my belly horizontally instead of vertically with his head down. He is in this position most likely because my fibroid has caused my uterus to be misshaped. The doctor said it is a slim possibility that he will be able to flip into a head down position, but that it is still a possibility. So most likely we will be having a C-section. We will just keep checking week by week and see if there is any change. If I happen to go into labor before my due date, I will track it like normal and when I arrive at triage at the hospital they will do an ultrasound to confirm his position and go from there. He won't allow me to go past my due date, so we do know we will be having our little boy at least by Sept. 10th!

Well, we are feeling great! We will keep everyone posted as the last few weeks go by. We have an appt next Friday @ 8:30am. Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on everything going well! I had 2 csections and am actually all for them! The recovery isn't bad at all so don't be nervous. They give you plenty of pain pills! Thanks for the update. Will keep praying for you! Plus, if he is as big as the gustafson boys then you will be glad you had a csection!

    ReplyDelete