Lance and I are expecting our first little one!! We are both excited and looking forward to bringing a new little Gustafson into the world.
I am currently 8wks 3 days. We had an ultrasound at 5 weeks and all we could see was a big black hole/sac. They told me not to be alarmed because it was really too early to see the baby because it was still so small, but honestly as a first time mommy I couldn't help but worry a little bit! Silly me. Two weeks later at 7wks 5 days we had another ultrasound to check for a viable pregnancy and there it was...BABY G!! =) It was the cutest little peanut looking thing I have ever seen! We were able to see the little flicker flicker of the heart beat on the screen, and the tech informed us that it was beating at a healthy 162 beats per min. God is so amazing! We were so humbled by his creation of this little life that was only measuring 1.5 cm. Life truly is a miracle!
Lance and I went to our first doctor's appt on Thursday. It was basically an informational meeting. Family histories, nutrition, exercise, what to expect. The nurse was kind enough to inform Lance that he was to excuse any of my "abnormal" behavior over the next couple of months. =) We have another appt scheduled for next Wednesday Feb. 4th with my actual OB. That appt will include an entire exam and another ultrasound. Maybe we will even be able to hear the heartbeat!
Morning/Noon/Night sickness (I don't know why they call it MORNING sickness) started at 6 weeks and was HORRIBLE for a week straight. I had no relief at any time of the day. Now I am just getting the icky tummy on and off throughout the day. As of yesterday morning, I have experienced a tired that is undescribable! I was sitting at my desk at work yesterday and I realized I needed a pen, I could see my pen on the desk, but was debating just how badly I really needed it. I didn't even want to move my arm! Silly silly. Just trying to keep food in my tummy and trying to rest as much as possible!
We will keep you posted on the life and time of baby G!
This is going to be so much fun! I'll be checking back often.
ReplyDeleteLove you!